Wednesday 22 July 2015

Holiday beauty essentials


Hey everyone,
First of all, I have to apologise for the lack of posts on my blog recently! I have been abroad for a while and unable to blog whilst I was away, but I am back now, so expect a lot more posting from me!
Whilst on holiday, I used a variety of different products to keep my skin and hair in good condition and I'm going to share my favourites with you today. Here are my top four Holiday beauty essentials!



We all know that the hot conditions and damaging chlorine that your hair experiences on a relaxing holiday abroad can sometimes leave it feeling dry and frizzy.
I was keen to purchase a shampoo and conditioner set that would tackle these two holiday hair horrors. The Aussie Miracle Moist range did just that.
My hair was soft and shiny and frizz was kept to a minimum (despite the humidity!).
The incredible smell of these two products was just an added bonus.....





Before my holiday, I knew that I was in need of a product that had subtle coverage and that contained an SPF of at least 15.
The Bourjois CC cream ticked both of these boxes.
With an SPF of 15 and less coverage than a foundation (but still enough to blur imperfections), this product had everything that I needed.
Whilst on holiday, I used the CC cream every day and really enjoyed doing so. I didn't need any concealer (it covered my under eye circles and blurred any spots that I had) and my face didn't burn in the 30 degree heat. Result!


This mascara isn't a new discovery for me. I've been using it on and off for a year or two now, and it's my go-to mascara for everyday wear.
On holiday, this mascara worked for both the day time and for evening wear. The wand grabs every lash and adds volume and length whilst separating my lashes.
The perfect mascara for glamorous holiday lashes!


Ok, so this technically isn't a beauty favourite, but it was an essential product whilst I was away.
If you are prone to either "Prickly heat" (an irritating itchy rash that appears after sun exposure) or burning, this product is worth trying.
My skin is pale, and so is sensitive to hotter temperatures. This holiday, my skin burned pretty badly and was extremely sore and itchy.
This cream-gel after sun was lovely. It cooled my skin down and moisturised the burnt area without irritating it further.
If you struggle to find an after sun that won't irritate your skin, I really recommend this one.


Thanks for reading! As I said, my blog posts will be more frequent from now on, so expect another from me this week.
Elle xox

4 comments:

  1. Liking the look of that mascara wand! I need to try more Benefit products! X

    New blog design and poolside holiday outfit over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mascara is really great, it's made me want to try all of Benefit's products! Thank you for your comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shampoo and Conditioner works miracles for me!
    I just noticed that we have the same sunglasses!

    Sneha xx
    http://www.missjoy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoo and conditioner are very popular and definitely a firm favourite of mine!
      Haha I guess we have the same taste in eyewear!
      Thanks for your comment xx
      Elle

      Delete