Sunday 26 July 2015

Lash sensational vs they're real mascara


 Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog!
Today I will be comparing two well-known mascaras - one high end and one drugstore.
The Benefit They're Real! mascara is extremely popular around the world and many women swear by it.
The Maybelline Lash sensational mascara is relatively new to the UK, yet many women love it and think of it as the best drugstore mascara.
Today I will be comparing the two so that you can decide which one is best for your lashes (and perhaps for your wallet!).


They're Real! - £19.50



















VOLUME
I feel that this mascara gives just the right amount of volume (with no clumps). If you are after extreme volume (and I mean extreme) then you may not find it in this product, but for most people,I think that the volume that this provides is perfect.
Personal opinion 10/10

SEPARATION
For me, the mascara separates my lashes without making them appear too "spidery" (is that a word?I'm not quire sure!). Again, if separation is all that you are looking for in a mascara then maybe this particular one isn't for you, but for most people I think that the separation that the wand provides is perfect.
personal opinion 9/10

LENGTH
Amazing. I couldn't imagine anyone wishing for more length than this gives you. It doesn't matter how many coats I apply, I always get results!
Personal opinion 10/10

LONGEVITY
As I have mentioned before, this mascara can be a little tricky to remove, and therefore stays put throughout the day. However, I do sometimes find smudges underneath my eyes when I wear this, but I think that that may be because of the consistency of my concealer (quite creamy) rather than because of the mascara alone.
Personal opinion 8/10

Lash sensational - £7.99

























VOLUME
Great volume, but I find that I have to be more careful with this one in order to avoid clumping. I think that this mascara may have a thicker formula maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong! However, if you take your time, you can get amazing results from this.
Personal opinion 8/10

SEPARATION
Pretty good as the wand almost "fans out" your lashes. As with the Benefit mascara, if separation is all that you are looking for, then you may not be blown away by this, but for me, it's perfect.
Personal opinion 9/10

LENGTH
Another amazing mascara for length. My lashes always look glamorous after use and I was very impressed by the results when I first tried this!
Personal Opinion -  10/10

LONGEVITY
This product doesn't advertise as being waterproof and because of this, it can take a little longer to dry - patience is key to avoid smudges! However, once dry, this mascara stays put all day but isn't too tricky to remove.
Personal opinion - 9/10



As you can see, there isn't much difference between these two products, so I would suggest that you purchase whichever one that you feel will work best for you.
If I'm running low on cash, then I'll go for the Maybelline mascara (which is a great alternative to many high-end ones!), but if I fancy a splurge, or if it's Christmas or my birthday, then I will perhaps go for the Benefit one......
I hope that this comparison has helped you in some way, and I will speak to you in my next post, which will be up sometime early next week.
Thanks for reading!
Elle xox

2 comments:

  1. I might have to try the lash sensational! Seems like a good everyday one for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it - it is a great mascara for day to day wear!
      thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete