Monday 10 August 2015

Makeup Look - Natural and glowing




When it comes to makeup, it can be tricky to strike the right balance between too little and too much.  Too much and your makeup can end up looking cakey, but too little and you can feel like you don't have enough coverage and are left thinking "Why did I even bother in the first place?"
It took me a lot of experimenting to finally feel completely happy with the way that my makeup looked and the following products are used in my everyday makeup routine. The finished look is healthy looking skin with a flawless complexion. 
Enjoy!




 STEP ONE - For my base, I have switched from using my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation to using their 123 CC cream every time I do my makeup. It's perfect for creating a natural looking complexion as it isn't at all cakey or heavy on the skin. I find that it covers my under eye cirlces better than my foundation and also blurs imperfections such as spots and redness. I like to apply this product with my Real Techniques Expert face brush which really is the best brush I have ever tried  :) The end result is hydrated skin and a flawless, glowing complexion!





STEP TWO - Seen as the CC cream does a great job at covering up imperfections such as dark under-eye circles and any spots that I may have, I tend to skip concealer and move straight onto blusher. This blusher was in my June Favourites and I am still using and loving it! The Dream Touch Blush by Maybelline is brilliant for adding some colour into the apples of your cheeks and will leave your skin looking radiant! Plus, you only need a little product to make a big difference....

 STEP THREE - To set my makeup, I like to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. It' amazing because it ensures that my makeup stays on all day but as I mentioned before, doesn't make my face look completely lifeless or reverse the effects of the CC cream or blusher. I apply the powder with the big fluffy brush shown in the picture. It's actually from Primark and was inexpensive but works very well.




STEP FOUR - Mascara time! Personally, mascara is the part of my makeup routine that really makes a difference as it makes me look more awake (which is especially helpful on those mornings where I just didn't get enough sleep the night before!)This mascara is brilliant because it's a multitasker. It volumises, lengthens and separates in one application. If you feel like you don't need mascara to complete your look then you can skip this step or even apply some clear mascara to separate your lashes without being as obvious as wearing black mascara.


STEP FIVE - If I have time, then I'll just finish off by brushing through my brows with some clear mascara to "set" them in place.


And that's it! Occasionally I'll add on things like coloured lip balm or lipgloss and sometimes I will use my original Naked Palette to do a pretty eyeshadow look but most of the time, this is the routine that I stick to.
Once again, thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoyed!
What products do you use in your everyday makeup routine?
Elle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment