Monday 31 August 2015

Top tips for smooth, straight hair

 Girls with frizzy hair will know the struggle. Washing your hair is a three hour event - shampooing, then litres of conditioner, blowdrying and then the tricky task of maintaining the sleek hair that you spent hours perfecting with the straighteners. It's taken me years to find a hair care routine that results in smooth, straight hair that lasts longer than 10 minutes haha :) Here are my tips for maintaining beautiful, frizz free locks.


 Incorporate new products into your routine - There are so many great products on the market targeted at girls who struggle with frizzy hair. My personal favourites are:

Charles Worthington's Straight and Smooth Straightening Creme - This stuff has been my holy grail styling creme for years. I apply it to wet hair and then leave my hair to air dry naturally. When I first used this, I had so many compliments on how soft my hair was and the results of straightening my hair lasted for longer. The only thing that I have to mention is that you get the best results  if you apply heat to your hair.
Garnier Sleek Perfector Oil - I've mentioned this on my blog before. It's a great product for taming unwanted frizz and adding shine.

When applying the product, separate your hair into sections, so that it is evenly distributed.

Avoid bad hair habits -  When washing and drying your hair , there are certain things that you should avoid to ensure that your hair is easier to straighten and isn't just a giant frizz ball.

1. When drying your hair with a towel, squeeze excess water out instead of  "ruffling" it between the towel.
2. Comb your hair out with a wide tooth comb instead of your usual brush. This allows you to detangle your hair without tugging and causing damage.
3. Never go to bed with wet hair. I am guilty of this. When I'm in a rush and have to wash my hair late at night, I really can't be bothered to get out the blowdryer. However, going to bed with wet hair tends to cause me a lot of frizz and makes my hair really knotted.




 Invest in a good pair of straighteners - A good pair of flat irons can make all the difference. GHD's are the best that I have ever tried and although they may be out of some people's price range, they last for ages and give you beautiful, sleek hair.
I own the GHD Eclipse straighteners and I would definitely recommend them. Since I started using these, I have noticed that my hair is softer and smoother, and the results last for longer.


I hope that these tips have helped you in some way :)  I would love it if you had any requests for future posts - I have to admit that I'm running out of ideas haha
Elle xox
 P.s Thanks so much for 200 followers through Bloglovin'. It really means a lot to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment