Sunday 18 October 2015

L'oreal Infallible 24hour Foundation Review


 Good foundations that suit my pale skin tone are hard to come by. In the summer, the lightest shades of foundation seem to match my skin perfectly, but in the colder months, nothing seems to be pale enough! I've been on the hunt for a good foundation that matches my skin tone for a while now, and when I saw that L'oreal did foundations in very pale shades, I had to give one a try. In the end I went for the Infallible 24h foundation, over the true match, because of Zoella's recommendation, Here is my honest review of the product.

Packaging

I love everything about the packaging of this product, It's sophisticated yet eye-catching with the ruby-red lid. The top comes off easily and the product is dispensed through a pump, which is an essential for me. The amount that is dispensed after one pump is enough to provide light coverage.





























Formula, coverage and application

The foundation itself is quite thick in contrast to my usual Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I personally found that this made it harder to blend than I was used to and it took longer to make sure that there were no patchy areas or visible brush marks. I'm going to persevere though, as I've only ever tried one other foundation, so I'm not exactly a pro! (I'm used to BB and CC creams).
As I said in above, one pump provides light coverage, but this is definitely a foundation that provides buildable coverage - I use one and a half pumps. 
 I found that once the foundation was actually on my skin, it looked very natural and had a velvet matte finish. At this point, it definitely felt as though it could live up to its "long-wear" claims, so I skipped powder,

Was it long-lasting?

As I'm writing this, it's been about 7 hours since application and my foundation still looks pretty darn good! Although the matte effect has long since worn off (so perhaps not good if you have oily skin?), the actual foundation itself has stayed put.

Did it live up to the other claims?

On the back of the bottle the foundation claims that there will be no tranfer. no visible imperfections, no dry-out and no-mask effect.
In my opinion, it lived up to every claim but one : no dry-out. My skin is what I would describe as normal to combination, so I personally had no trouble with the formula, but I did have to apply a good moisturiser beforehand. I can definitely see how it wouldn't be great for people with dry skin, because of the matte effect and the thick formulation. 

Overall rating

For girls with normal or combination skin, I think that this foundation is perfect, especially if you are on the look out for one that's super pale. It stayed put all day, gave good coverage and was light enough for my skin tone.
However it was a little tricky to blend and I can imagine that it wouldn't be great for girls with really oily or really dry skin, 
I would give this foundation an

8/10 
 
Personally I love this stuff, but I think that girls with dry skin or oily skin may not find it to be quite as good.

Thanks for reading, I hope that this helped!
Eleanor xox

No comments:

Post a Comment