Sunday 6 March 2016

The invisibobble - is it really worth it?















               It seems as if there is a never ending flow of new hair products coming onto the market weekly - from "innovative" shampoos which promise to reverse years of damage, to the lotions and potions which provide volumnious, shiny locks in an instant. I managed to finally get my hands on a three pack of "invisibobbles" recently and was keen to see if they lived up to their claims.
I had seen many people sporting these plastic spiral-shaped rings and wondered what all the fuss was about. Above all else, the invisibobble is designed to hold your favourite hairstyle in place, without leaving that horrible dent in your hair after use. The bobbles are also designed to rid you of the hairstyle headache (which all you long haired girls will be used to!) and also have the ability to reduce split ends and breakage.

So, what's the verdict?
Firstly, I was quite disappointed when I saw the price for just three of these bobbles - £3.75! That's £1.25 per bobble....
I don't know about you, but I'm always losing bobbles and can easily get through a large pack in a month. Despite the price, I still went ahead and purchased a pack of three.

As soon as I opened the box, I was happy to see that the bobbles seemed robust - I remained hopeful that they would be able to hold up my thick hair!
I used the invisibobble to tie my hair up into a high ponytail and initially I was pleased with the grip of the bobble and the hold. As promised, the invisibobble seemed to be a good option for my hair type.








However, after about 30 mins, my hairstyle had drooped and was now a much lower ponytail. When I pulled the bobble out of my hair, I also was  not impressed to find that just as much of my hair was tugged out as would be with a regular bobble (despite invisibobble's claims). I also found that the bobbles stretched irreversibly after each use.

The one thing that that really grabbed attention however was the products ability to keep my hair (sort of) up without leaving any dent in my whatsoever! This is super important to me, as I style my hair on a regular basis and so it's great when I can tie my hair up without having to worry about ruining all of the hard work that went into straightening.

The bobbles also look pretty and unique in the hair and there are a variety of colours to choose from.

Overall, the invisibobble didn't really grab my attention, but I was impressed by the no-dent ability of it and so would give it a

6/10

If these bobbles were cheaper then I would definitely repurchase as they are a good tool to have in your arsenal.

(I recently discovered that invisibobble has brought out a new range of stronger, thicker bobbles which I am eager to try and will do a review of in the near future!)

No comments:

Post a Comment